Sunday 7 July 2013

Friendliest Jog Ever

It's Sunday and we are back at KK's park-my sanctuary. It's good to be back here.




Today's jog was a little harder than usual because my feet were refusing to move. It felt like some huge boulders had attached itself to my feet. (This happens when you start slacking off and keep putting off, the much required jog).


Thankfully I had my old but trusted ipod with me. Listening to Tron Legacy soundtrack, I managed to take my mind off how boring jogging was and just kept running. I hardly ran a few meters and already felt like giving up. I wish I was playing basketball with some of the youngsters at the park, who seemed like they were having so much fun.

Jogging is such a boring activity for me because I am a team player and enjoy sporting activities which involves many players.

Not wanting to give up, I switched to a local radio station and boom! My feet started moving to the rhythm. It was so good that I started dancing whilst jogging (jog-e-robics?)

After my first lap, I noticed all the other joggers who'd I passed by earlier, had very broad smiles arched on their faces.

Each time someone smiles at me without me smiling at them first, I start wondering why...is my jog-e-robics very amusing? Is there something on my face?


Discounting all the ifs, I attributed it to the joggers being a friendly lot, who needed some encouragement or something to take their mind off the boring activity they were doing too.



However, it didn't take long before the ifs crept its way back into my thoughts.


After my second lap, I paid more attention to the other joggers and tried making eye contact, hoping to see the genuinity of their smile.

That's when it hit me!
Their eyes were not fixed on my face region, they were transfixed at my boobs!

That's when my not so distanced memory came flooding back to me, like a flashback from a movie.
I suddenly remembered that instead of wearing my jogging brassier, I had put on night nursing bra!

I don't want to go into the details of the craftsmanship of each bra and it's performance but let me just state that jogging, is not a viable option when you've got on your thin silky night nursing bra.

Unaltered by my discovery, I persevered and marched on with my jogging.

When time is of essence (jogging has become somewhat a luxury because my youngest is struggling with separation issue. She screams, if she is unable to see or hear me), you don't let these little things bug you or transmute your course of action. 

"Just stick to it and keep on moving!' I ordered myself.

At the end of it all, what matters most to me is my family. It was an awesome feeling, seeing my kids enjoying themselves with a beautiful backdrop of the sunset. It was truly a blessed day.





I know tonight, I will sleep well


Lets get connected:

Now you can follow me by email (fill email address here) to get new post notifications delivered directly into your mailbox or you could follow my Facebook page Life Simplified to get more recipes and tips in making life a little more laid back or we can connect via twitter.


Thank you for stopping by at A cuppa for my thoughts



Linking up with Greta














6 comments:

  1. Hee, hee! Well, at least you entertained some folks while getting your jog in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always a silver lining in the cloud :-D. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Ha! That's too funny....the other runners got a little more than they bargained for, eh? And I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 'I' have taken a backseat ever since the kids came, like forgetting to brush my teeth, accidently wearing my husband's enormous shoes when rushing out to pick the girls up from school, not brushing my hair (which I have stopped for the longest time) but forgetting to wear a proper bra! That, I still cannot get over.

      Delete
  3. Ha! I'm thinking you made the other joggers' runs much less boring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha...that's so true! Wonder if they are looking forward to seeing me again this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete