Saturday 20 April 2013

Hachiko...faith, devotion and undying love.

Movie Day.

We try as much as possible to make Friday nights a movie night. It's like a ritual where we would get popcorn, throw the mattress on the floor so we can fall asleep after (sometimes, the kids fall asleep while watching) the movie, switch off all the lights and get comfy right in front of the big screen in the living room.

This week I had to postpone the movie night to Saturday evening. I am glad I did that because today's movie was very special which required an immediate action at the end of the movie. Read on and you'll understand what I mean.


I just finished watching Hachiko, a true story about faith, devotion and undying love. My elder two girls and I cried like babies. My eldest knew what was about to happen and kept saying to Hachiko, "open your eyes!". My 6 year old who was trying her best to be strong and not cry, broke down and hugged me hard. Guess she too, knew what was about to happen to Hachiko.
It was a good family movie which taught the kids and I, how love comes in many different forms.

While watching the movie, my girls kept looking at our dog that sat quietly at the the sliding door, with his head sticking in. It seemed like he too was sad because of the movie.

Last week a friend came over to my place to pick up her weekly fruits, and her two boys kept calling Hachiko, excitedly when they saw my dog, Bahadur (which means brave). She explained to me how Bahadur looks so much like the dog in this movie. She lent us the CD.


After watching it, I must agree with her two boys, the resemblance is uncanny.
Apart from the white as snow fur on Hachiko's stomach, Bahadur and Hachiko can strike out to be as brothers.
Hachiko was an Akita born in a  farm near the city of Ōdate, Akita Prefecture in 1923, while Bahadur is a mix of Terrier and Chow Chow from the suburbs born in 2012.

The girls are playing with Bahadur now. Hugging and cuddling him like they just lost, and found him. It's good to see this because it shows, that they have a very loving soul. This is what I meant by I am glad we chose today to watch the movie and not our usual Friday night. It's a good feeling being able to cuddle and kiss him. He seriously looks so much like Hachiko.

Bahadur
Add caption

Time to take Bahadur out for a walk...

Babytalk Malaysia September 2013





Lets get connected:

Now you can follow me by email (fill email address here) to get new post notifications delivered directly into your mailbox or you could follow my Facebook page Life Simplified to get more recipes and tips in making life a little more laid back or we can connect via twitter.


Thank you for stopping by at A cuppa for my thoughts

3 comments: