Monday 20 July 2015

Snazzy little thing

I am not easily impressed or maybe people are not impressed by what I am impressed with. Couple that with a budget, it's a recipe for disaster; you'd be pulling your hair out when on a shopping trip with me and my indecisiveness.

I had been on a hunt for a new handbag ever since my little Picasso used my prized bag as her canvas. After numerous, hopeless, visits to shopping malls with my little battalion; that had me stressed out because playing hide and seek at a mall was so much more thrilling than the neighbourhood park, I resorted to shopping online. Virtual world, my solace. 

Kids asleep, my virtual world comes to life. After a couple of minutes browsing, in peace, I placed an order and waited patiently for my merchandise to arrive. To my surprise, it arrived in less than 48 hours despite being festive season. That's good customer service.
Intricate thread work and sturdy yet soft body
Soho Mini by Sometime that promotes and produces bags exclusively designed by Asian designers

It's nice to have options. I can sling it across my body for a casual feel or remove the strap (about 35-47 cm) and go for a more sophisticated look by letting it hang on my forearm from its handle (13cm) the way Audrey Hepburn carried most of her handbags.


This bag is much smaller compared to a tote but it can still swallow up a lot of stuff and stand tall thanks to its solid base. It can even fit my recent read, The Girl On The Train which is a big book.


Can even fit a 500ml water bottle
It's made of synthetic suede leather and cannot be cleansed so stay away from acidic liquid like orange juice spill and rain drops. These would leave a permanent stain.


Overall, I am quite happy with it and am beginning to like the football shoes like studs at the base of this bag. I feel like it might safeguard the base when kept on the floor. It even has one zippered pocket and two open pockets inside the bag to safely store my phone and keys, separate from all the other junk that finds it way into my bag. I am quite confident there would be no more missed calls because I couldn't reach it in time. Goodbye frantic rummaging and hello organised bag.

However, if I had a say in the design of this bag, I would  have put another zippered pocket outside the bag. A place to store a small napkin or disposable tissues which are so important when travelling with a toddler.


Polygamous relationship with books


Thank you for stopping by at A cuppa for my thoughts
Lets get connected:




2 comments:

  1. I love the color! Super cute bag and love that you fill it with books ;)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Mommy Monday!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag! Looks like a great find!

    ReplyDelete